Children’s Hospital Colorado
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years. Founded in 1908, Children’s Colorado is a leading pediatric network entirely devoted to the health and well-being of children. Continually recognized as one of the nation’s outstanding hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s Colorado is known both for its nationally and internationally recognized medical, research and education programs as well as the full spectrum of everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. With more than 1,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric specialties, Children’s Colorado Network of Care includes its main campus, 16 Children’s Care Centers and more than 400 outreach clinics.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child.
The Coding Supervisor – Inpatient will be responsible for daily operational management of ambulatory day surgery, observation and IP coders, internal/external audit coordination, mortality case review and HAC management. They will provide coaching, mentoring, modeling best practices, scheduling, managing Paid Time Off (PTO) and day-to-day performance for direct reports. The supervisor is responsible for monthly audits/scorecards and communicating results as appropriate.
- Recruits, screens and selects applicants for administrative support roles.
- Educates all staff on job processes.
- Ensures proper training of staff by utilizing the resources available within the team.
- Assigns and manages day-to-day work flow for staff.
- Manages, mentors, and supports staff on a daily basis.
- Develops clear goals and objectives for performance management and effectively communicates accountability.
- Creates a culture and atmosphere that will lead to a high level of employee engagement.
- Implements and evaluates strategies to improve employee performance including performance improvement plans and making final determination on terminations of employment.
- Provides and utilizes productivity reports for the department to assess performance of entire team.
- Reviews customer service score cards and work quality with staff (phone call monitoring, customer surveys, and etc.).
- Participates in labor cost and financial component decisions related to day-to-day operations.
- Performs Kronos and other relevant time keeping administration.
- Manages day-to-day administrative operations, including staffing.
- Acts as a working supervisor and remains available to provide coverage for administrative/support staff.
- Establishes and maintains partnerships across the hospital with operational, clinical, faculty/provider leadership.
- Establishes team communication norms and staff rounding.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS)
- 2 years previous relevant experience in a Health Information Management or Revenue Cycle setting.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) preferred
- 5-7 years of inpatient coding experience is preferred
EDUCATION – High School diploma or equivalent is required.
EQUIVALENCY – Bachelors’ degree in Administration, Health Care Administration, Management, Finance, or related field will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For immediate consideration, please submit your application to Job ID # 55023 through the careers section of our website at www.childrenscolorado.org/careers and email an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.