Family Health West
Supervises overall activities and staff of the Health Records Services Department. Provides resource pertaining to health records management to the facility. Is responsible for appropriate quality and quantity of Health Record Services staff.
- Develops and implements health record policies and procedures to comply with state and federal regulations for Hospital, and physician office requirements. Stays abreast of changing regulations from CMS, CDOH and other regulatory partners.
- Performs leadership functions, including selection, scheduling, training, performance management and discipline and evaluating Health Records Services staff. Instilling passion in assigned staff.
- Responsible for determining and presenting proposed department budget and estimated expenditures.
- Is a resource to the facility, medical staff, patients, and residents for health records questions and records concerns..
- Supervises overall activities of the Health Records Services Department, including but not limited to transcription, analysis, hospital and limited physician coding.
- Supervises majority of all Release of Information services for facility and Physician Services to persons and agencies according to regulations.
- Formulates long and short-term goals for the HIM Department. Integrates new developments when practical and cost effective.
- Participates on various facility committees. Serves as a liaison for internal teams. Makes efficient use of work time to accomplish assignments as well as the ability to accept or respond to change in the work environment in a way that promotes the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Interacts and cooperates with physicians, management personnel and representatives of external agencies and clients.
- Attends Utilization Review.
- Monitors records documentation.
- Facilitates monthly departmental meetings.
- Has a knowledge and understanding of the organizations internal and external customer needs and is committed to meeting or exceeding those expectations.
- Prepares records for variety of internal and external audits.
- Oversees and trains staff on proper process for scanning and archiving of paper records.
- Administers and maintains the user portion of the document scanning program (Paper Vision).
- Organizes quarterly review of billing and medical records for compliance.
- Supports payroll functions.
- Conducts department inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Supervises the Health Records Services Staff. Day-to-day activities, establishes work schedules and assignments.
- Maintains departmental day-to-day record completion, storage and retrieval.
- Conducts on-going training and evaluation of departmental staff.
- Oversees coding efforts and provides leadership and guidance of the coding team to improve accuracy, integrity and quality of patient data ensuring minimal variation in coding practices.
- Monitors coding workload, serving as a main resource for daily coding issues and questions, and training new employees as needed.
- Ensures department employees are accountable and adhere to all FHW policies and procedures, governmental laws and regulatory standards.
- Conduct random audits of medical charts at regular intervals to determine the completeness of the medical record.
- Participates in organizational planning and implementation of departmental programs and projects to meet the organizational objectives.
- Anticipate and react appropriately to changes in resources, priorities while maintaining organizational structure sufficient to meet goals and objectives and maintain procedures and guidelines to ensure efficient and legally compliant operations.
- Oversees the completion and quality of patient charts and records and performs regular audits, taking corrective actions when necessary
- Develops patient focused record flow and control systems and processes while analyzing, implementing and reviewing quality control measures.
- Works with the CFO and the Director of Finance and Executive team to develop and implement operation and capital budget plans.
- Determines department budgeting needs based on zero based budget.
- Adheres to organization budget controls; Meets department budget goals.
- Oversees the assignment of proper codes to all patient charts using ICD-10-CM for all diagnoses and procedures and coding guidelines and conventions for CPT codes while determining completeness of and/or legibility of charts, completing necessary documentation and following up with staff to resolve discrepancies.
- Collaborates with the Patient Financial Services department to ensure that all coding and billing procedures are compliant and the maximum revenue is generated.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Involve people and help them to invest their personal commitment.
- Build good initiators.
- Encourage staff to generate good ideas.
- Build collaborative, interdependent and supportive teams.
- Develop strength between units and peers.
- Initiate new ideas and directions at own level.
- Generate positive innovations with team without those changes being imposed by management.
This position provides direct / indirect supervision to Health Records staff and volunteers under his/her charge.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to apply critical thinking skills and suggest and/or resolve daily staffing needs.
- Must have excellent leadership ability and people skills.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate objectiveness and concern for all patients, residents and staff.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Requires the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Requires the ability to write reports, clinical records, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Requires the ability to effectively respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, mean, mode and median.
- Requires the ability to draw and interpret graphs.
|Education||High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Bachelor’s Degree with RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator), an Associate’s Degree with RHIT certification from an accredited program, an ART (Accredited Record
Technician) or RRA (Registered Record Administrator) preferred.
|Licenses||No professional license required.|
|Certifications||RHIT certification from an accredited program required.|
|Experience||Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Health Information Management preferred.|
Family Health West offers a full range of benefits including Medical/Dental /Visions plans. An retirement program with employer matching and excellent vesting schedule. Plus a variety of voluntary benefit options.
Apply Online: https://familyhealthwest.atsondemand.com/