National Jewish Health
Job: Transcription/Release of Information – Health Information Management
NATIONAL JEWISH HEALTH
1400 JACKSON ST.
DENVER, CO 80206
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 101751
Department: Health Information Management
Schedule: Full Time (30-39 hours per week)
Shift: Day Shift: Monday – Friday
Retrieve and process medical information from the medical record to including but not limited to physicians, attorneys, insurance companies, and patients and authorized parties, using electronic medical record software.
- Assist the transcription area by copying, mailing, filing final transcribed documents.
- Answers routine and stat telephone calls as needed following all policy and procedure guidelines for answering telephone calls.
- Faxes information to hospitals or physicians office for continuity of patient care.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies and HIPAA.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions.
Knowledge and Skills
Good oral and written communication skills. Knowledge and/or experience in release of information, medical records, and medical terminology, as well as word processing experience utilizing IBM or compatible systems. Word processing application knowledge is desired.
A minimum one (1) year experience in a medical setting performing release of information required.
– or – Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Commensurate with experience or education
Full Benefit Package
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Online: http://jobs.nationaljewishhealth.org