HIM/CHA Advisory Group
Co-Chairs: Carolyn Willard Danette Swanson
The purposes of the HIM/CHA Advisory Group are to:
- Study and understand the CHA database, including evaluating data outcomes and understanding who are the users of the data;
- Improve data quality in the CHA database by sharing information and promoting consistency and accuracy in coding and data submission across the state;
- Provide a setting for continuing person-to-person networking among HIM professionals, CHA personnel and related interested parties to build effective ongoing working relationships; and
- Assist with the transition to ICD-10 by sharing expertise and opinions on how to transition the CHA database using the new code sets effective in 2014.
Meetings are normally held every other month on the third Friday of the month at the Colorado Hospital Association.
Coder Reference Sheets
Patient Discharge Status Reference Sheet – 2011 Update
Discharge Disposition Codes Reference Aug2011 Update Addendum Custody
Point of Origin Reference Sheet – 2011 Update
Point Of Origin Reference Sheet 2011-2012 Addendum Newborns
Edit Revisions to the CHA Discharge Data Submission File, August 2012
CHA ICD-10 External Cause Code Reporting Sept 2014
Colorado Patient Discharge Status Toolkit October 2014
July 19, 2013
March 22, 2013
January 18, 2013
October 19, 2012
August 17, 2012
June 15, 2012
March 16, 2012
February 17, 2012
November 18, 2011
September 16, 2011
July 15, 2011
June 17, 2011 (special extra meeting)
May 20, 2011
March 18, 2011
January 21, 2011
New Use of Patient Identifiers? Addressing Prescription Drug Overdoses by Barbara Gabella from the Colorado Department of Public Health (CDPH), September 2015 Meeting
“The New CHA Database as of 1/1/10: Changes in Records Collection Plus Significance of Fields 50 and 51” by Sue Malone, co-chair HIM/CHA Advisory Group, January 2011 meeting, as corrected at the March 2011 meeting.
“Using the Hospital Discharge Data for Injury Prevention” by Holly Hedegaard, MD, MSPH, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, May 2011 meeting.
“Where Does the Discharge Data Go?” by Bob Finn, Director of Information Services, Colorado Hospital Association, June 2011 meeting.
Definitions of Medicare Code Edits, October 2011 Important Update Regarding Version 5010/D.0 Implementation, March 2012 From CHA to Colorado Responds to Children with Special Needs: Linking Discharge Data to Public Health Services by Jennifer Donnelly, MPH, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, October 2012 meeting
Emerging Applications of Hospitalization and Emergency Department Data in Public Health Surveillance by Kirk Bol, MSPH, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, October 2012 meeting
CHA Data Dictionary – To get to the Data Dictionary, go to www.chha.com, then click on “Downloads”, then click on “Discharge Data File layouts”, then scroll to page 3, then click on “Data Dictionary UB04.” Renal Failure V56.0 Code
- “Background Information: V56.0 as Principal Diagnosis for Inpatient Admissions for Renal Failure Patients” by Sue Malone, co-chair HIM/CHA Advisory Group, March 2011 meeting.
- ICD Code V56.0 Encounter for Dialysis by Jeannette Walls, September 2011
- Summary: V56.0 as Principal Diagnosis for Inpatient Admissions for Renal Failure Patients