MRO Corporation, a market leader of disclosure management solutions for healthcare organizations, has an opening for a person to work in the healthcare sector supporting disclosure management services.
The ROI Specialist is responsible for providing support at a specified client site for the Release of Information (ROI) requests for patient medical records.
- Respond to phone calls from medical and support personnel requesting medical records or patient identification to be read from the record.
- Log medical record requests into MRO database.
- Determine records to be released by reviewing requestor information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and obtaining pertinent patient data from various sources, including electronic, off-site, or physical records that match patient request. Scan medical records into MRO database.
- When required, respond to walk-in customers requesting ROI information and log information provided by customer into MRO database.
- If necessary, respond and process requests from physician offices on a priority basis and fax information to the physician office.
- Comply with site facility policies and regulations.
- At specified sites, responsible for handling and recording cash payments for requests.
- Escalate issues to manager that delay timely release of records.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Previous Release of Information in the Medical Record field required.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications. One or more years experience entering data into computer systems. Experience using the internet is required.
- Strong verbal communication skills; demonstrated success responding to customer inquiries.
- Demonstrated success working in an environment that requires attention to detail.
- Proven track record of dependability.
- Prior work experience in Release of Information is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a plus.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations is preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission: