Greetings Southern Colorado!
The 2022 SCHIMA Scholarship Application is now live on the SCHIMA website.
SCHIMA supports the continued education of individuals enrolled in undergraduate studies in Health Information Technology, Health Information Management, or graduate studies in a healthcare field, related to the Health Information Technology/Management profession. SCHIMA awards scholarships through designated funds.
- Be a member of AHIMA and SCHIMA.
- Reside in SCHIMAs geographical area which is considered south of Douglas County and Alamosa and east.
- Be a student in good standing at a CAHIIM accredited Health Information Technology program, an accredited Health Information Management program in Colorado, or enrolled in a PCAP approved Medical Coding Certificate Program.
- Have at least a 2.75 cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) for an undergraduate program or at least a 3.0 GPA for a graduation program on a 4.0 scale.
In addition to completing this online application you will also need to attach the following:
- An unofficial transcript from your school, including your GPA.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from your HIT/HIM, or related Masters-level Program Director. Other recommendations may be from previous instructors, employers, practicum supervisors, or other professional contacts. These individuals should be knowledgeable of your character and ability. The recommendations will be verified.
Applications are due by midnight, Mountain Time, March 27, 2022.
It is recommended that you draft your answers for the questionnaire section in a separate document (Word, Google Docs, Pages, etc.) that allows you to save and edit. Then paste your edited text into the answer fields.
It is the responsibility of the SCHIMA Executive Board to screen applicants and to announce the recipient(s) at the SCHIMA Spring Meeting of this fiscal year. Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of:
- Quality of writing
- Professional presentation
- Submission of all required documentation
- The ability to follow directions
- It is the responsibility of the SCHIMA Executive Board to screen applicants.
- Awards will be announced at the SCHIMA Spring Meeting (date to be announced).
- An individual may receive a maximum of one SCHIMA undergraduate scholarship in their lifetime.
If you have any questions before, during, or after the application process please direct them to email@example.com.
Thank you and good luck to our applicants!