CHIMA supports the professional development of its members whether in an emerging role or advancement in their career. Because of this support, CHIMA is awarding a scholarship to one of its members to attend the Annual AHIMA Convention utilizing money through CHIMA designated funds. The designated funds for 2018 are $1,500.00.
- Applicant must be a current Active member of CHIMA/AHIMA and in good standing.
- Student members must be CHIMA members that are enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited school.
- Current CHIMA Board of Directors are not eligible.
All Applications Must Include:
- Completed Application form; including checklist and acknowledgement
- Completed mandatory essay questions
- AHIMA Membership ID #
- Applications must be submitted by March 31
- Application should be submitted electronically and in its entirety.
- Recipient must be willing to write an article with content about what they learned and
their Annual AHIMA experience. (Article to be posted in the CHIMA E-blast after attending the meeting.)
- Recipient must be willing to sit on a CHIMA committee for a period of one year after the AHIMA conference attendance.
- An individual may not receive this scholarship more than once.
- Recipient must follow CHIMA expense/reimbursement policies related to travel expenses
- Recipient must submit receipts showing that the monies were exclusively used for expenses incurred at the AHIMA conference.
- Any un-used funds will be returned to CHIMA.
- Each eligible application will be reviewed and rated by the CHIMA Board of Directors. (Applications will be redacted prior to the CHIMA Board review to maintain anonymity.)
- The CHIMA BOD will utilize a point system to determine the scholarship recipient. (Applications will be evaluated based on content relativity to question, quality of writing, and professional presentation)
- All applicants will be notified of their status no later than May 1st.
- Award will be presented at the CHIMA Annual meeting.