Denver Health is an integrated, high-quality academic health care system considered a model for the nation that includes a Level I Trauma Center, a 555-bed acute care medical center, Denver’s 911 emergency medical response system, 10 family health centers, 18 school-based health centers, Rocky Mountain Poison and Safety, a Public Health department, an HMO and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado’s primary, and essential, safety-net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided billions in uncompensated care for the uninsured. Denver Health is viewed as an Anchor Institution for the community, focusing on hiring and purchasing locally as applicable, serving as a pillar for community needs, and caring for more than 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Under minimal supervision, the Health Services Manager will manage and provide leadership to the operational workflow. Responsible for ensuring optimal compliance with patient/clinical documentation that compromises the medical record, including indexing of documentation, timely/compliant chart completion workflow as specified in the HIM staff job description. Ensures records are maintained in accordance with state and federal retention guidelines, as well as National Commission on Correctional Health Care and American Correctional Association standards. Responsible for overseeing protected health information (PHI) in a timely manner compliant with regulatory requirements. Maintain effective professional relationships with other department leadership, and health services. Utilizes LEAN methodology when implementing workflow improvements, to achieve best practice outcomes. Promotes a positive, teamwork environment performing best-practice employee/customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong overall HIM knowledge in all operational functions; demonstrating competence in HIM regulatory/accreditation requirements including mandatory state reporting and correctional care standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge base of applicable state/federal retention guidelines and ensures compliance for all protected health information.
- Demonstrates strong management/leadership competency at all times.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette in all communications including oral, written and body language.
- Demonstrates good organization, time-management, prioritization, decision-making and problem resolution skills in routine and crisis timeframes utilizing analytical and cognitive thinking strategies.
- Provides excellent customer service skills, utilizing consistent AIDET practices at all times.
- Ability to be resourceful, initiate/facilitate staff team-building promoting a positive, unified team environment.
- Displays consistent, positive quality customer-service experience that may include difficult customers requiring conflict resolution.
- Ability to independently problem-solve, which may require prompt decision-making in varied scenarios without supervision or approval.
Five years medical records or Health Information Management experience required.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) -OR- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) required.
- Computers and Technology:
Demonstrates competency in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Flow-charting, Mastertrak, EPIC, and all other applications deemed necessary.
- Certified Correctional Health Professional certification preferred.
- Two years of HIM system application(s) implementation and workflow design/re-engineering experience preferred.
- Correctional care experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Concentration in Health Information Management preferred.
- Comprehensive and robust benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(a) retirements with match
- 457(b) retirements with match
- 4 weeks PTO
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free EcoPass
- Flex Spending Account
- Worklife Partnership
- Employee Assistance Plan
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply directly to our posting via the link below, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.