Mountain Family Health Centers
Your career, your legacy, your adventure
Mountain Family Health Centers (MFHC) are in Glenwood Springs, Basalt, Avon, Rifle, and Edwards Colorado. Each community health center is as unique as the town in which it is located, but all share the same mission:
“To provide high quality, integrated primary, behavioral, and dental health care in the communities we serve, with special consideration for the medically underserved, regardless of ability to pay.” The career opportunities at Mountain Family brings with it the chance to work with an amazing team of professionals and be a part of a team who helps serve a rapidly growing patient population.
We are a strong and rapidly growing Community Health Center located in the beautiful Colorado Mountains, with strong schools, abundant outdoor activities, and vibrant communities. We provide integrated medical-dental-behavioral health care, with 5 clinics, 18,000 patients served annually, $17M annual operating budget, and 174 staff. We are recognized as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home by the National Committee on Quality Assurance. At Mountain Family you get to grow as a professional and develop the skills pertinent to meeting the needs of employees and patients. You will work with an experienced leadership team with multiple state and national awards for healthcare innovation. But most important, YOUR career will be about making a difference while living in paradise.
Mountain Family Health Centers Awards
- NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home – Level 3
- Center For Health Progress Rockin’ The House Award – 2017
- Center For Health Progress Emerging Leader Award – 2017
- NACHC Geiger Gibson Emerging Leader Award Recipient – 2008 and 2017
- Health Links™ Healthy Business Leader – 2017
- Top Five Colorado Governor’s Award For Worksite Wellness – 2016
- NACHC Bronze Level Advocacy Center Of Excellence – 2016 – 2017
The Health Information Management Clerk performs quality support to our clinical staff in a multi-provider and multi-location community health clinic. The Health Information Management Clerk is responsible for the daily workflow of patient information and all clinical documents within Mountain Family Health Centers.
Responsible for the processing and coordinating quality referrals for MFHC patients to specialists as ordered by MFHC health care providers.
- Scan and file all documents received through the mail or other hard copy patient reports/results and information into the ICS/EMR.
- Electronically file faxed patient reports/results and information into the electronic health record via Document Management. Other documents that are received through the fax that are not patient documents will be forwarded via e-mail to the person the documentation was intended for.
- Process all requests for patient records via paper and electronic tools. Electronic tools include, but not limited to, uploading records to secure portals i.e. Social Security Administration and Citrix ShareFile, electronically fax via My Fax in NextGen, encrypted email and transferring medical records to encrypted flash drives.
- Follow up on all tasks assigned to Medical Records.
- Track and follow up with outstanding requests for medical records from other agencies.
- Meet quality and productivity standards and deadlines established by the Patient Services Manager.
- Verify patient health information for accuracy and completeness in the patient chart.
- Coordinate quality referrals by assisting our patients through the referral process.
- Verify patient’s demographic and insurance information in order to match the provider’s order to the corresponding specialist.
- Access multiple systems/software/HIE to retrieve needed documents for providers and needed documents to process the referral.
Ensure that the appropriate internal/external providers, facilities and ancillary services are utilized in the referral process.
Release the patient’s health information to support the need for the specialty referral following the Privacy Rule’s minimum necessary policy.
Coordinate pre-testing requirements as needed for the specialist appointment between patient and MFHC providers.
Process all referrals and transmit via paper, uploading records to portals, electronically fax and transferring PHI to an encrypted flash drive.
Communicate with patient in a timely manner regarding scheduling with the specialist
Have knowledge of, and be able to, perform all functions within the Health Information Management Department.
- Receives consultant reports, maintains documentation, and responsible for monitoring all referral reports not received and timely follow-up in accordance with MFHC policy and procedure.
- Track and follow up on all provider orders to completion.
- Update and maintain the specialty list.
- Recognize and report unusual circumstances and/or information with possible risk factors to designated risk management personnel.
- Demonstrate an understanding of policies, procedures, and priorities, seeking clarification as needed.
- Organize and prioritizes assigned work, and schedules time to accommodate work demands, turnaround time requirements, and commitments.
- Provide clerical/technical support as needed and as assigned.
- Assist in any other manner that is requested by the Patient Services Manager, or his/her designee
- Abide and adhere to the MFHC referral process.
Additional Clinical Support Duties:
- Call Center duties. Be able to answer phones, route call/tasks where they need to go, schedule appointments following MFHC protocols, generate patient correspondence.
- Provide clerical/technical support as needed and as assigned.
Education or Formal Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be proficient with computers and have experience using MS Office Products including MS Word and Excel.
- Previous medical record experience or medical terminology knowledge preferred.
- Excellent computer skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- RHIT preferred
- Spanish speaking
Salary: $16.44-17.36 plus .75 for Spanish Speaking, Reading and Writing abilities.
Medical, Dental and Vision. Worksite Wellness Program, EAP, 403 B retirement plan with 3% matching after 1 year of employment, 160 PTO hours within the first year and so much more.