Arapahoe Community College
The Health Information Technology faculty member will perform instructional duties and related activities in accordance with the philosophies and procedures of Arapahoe Community College and the policies of the Colorado Community College System. ACC faculty members are responsible for teaching 30 credit hours annually (generally 15 credits each fall and spring semester). Courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery (e.g. hybrid or accelerated); some weekend/evening teaching may be required. Other responsibilities include developing and evaluating curriculum; advising and retention activities; assessing student and program objectives; student learning assessment duties; serving on college committees; selecting texts; and attending departmental, school, and College meetings and functions. Every ACC faculty and staff member is expected to participate in the assessment process of the College, utilizing the results of assessment for continuous institutional improvement.
Applicants possessing a passion for teaching are particularly encouraged to apply. Department chair responsibilities may be added at a later date which will include acting as the CAHIIM program Director, building and maintaining relationships with industry partners, AHIMA and CHIMA as well as managing adjunct staff.
Direct and Indirect Teaching:
- Instructional responsibilities include day, evening, weekend, hybrid and/or online courses. Face-to-face and hybrid courses may be scheduled at ACC’s Littleton Campus, Parker Campus, and/or Castle Rock Campus.
- Teach students using traditional and contemporary methods of instruction, which may include online, multi-media, interdisciplinary learning communities, etc.
- Maintain required office and campus hours.
- Assist with Department duties as requested.
- Assist with annual program assessment effort.
- Develop and evaluate curriculum per community needs and regulatory requirements, and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Assist with class scheduling, staffing, and preparation of materials as requested.
- Assist students with program advising and registration.
- Implement student retention strategies and create program reports.
- Assist with program practicum coordination.
- Provide student grades and feedback in a timely manner.
- Maintain professional interaction and relationships with College constituents.
- Assist with monitoring, controlling for and upholding the CAHIIM accreditation standards.
College & Community Service:
- Participate in various College functions.
- Serve on various department, College and System committees as appropriate.
- Represent Arapahoe Community College in community-related activities that enhance community connectedness and support the mission, vision, and goals of the institution.
- Participate in various College, System and other professional activities intended to develop the faculty member and enhance her/his ability to contribute to the mission and goals of the department, the College and the Colorado Community College System.
- Participate in credential maintenance activities that may be on or off campus.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field.
- RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) or RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) credential in good standing.
- Must hold, or qualify to obtain, a Colorado Career and Technical Education (CTE) Credential.
- Postsecondary instructional experience (or training equivalent).
- Demonstrated competency with multiple instructional delivery methods (online, hybrid, web-enhanced and face to face).
- 5 years of work experience in a Health Information Management (HIM) Department.
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Demonstrated success building professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as a member of a collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work tasks and/or projects.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Compensation is commensurate with education, experience and higher education industry standards. The current ACC Faculty minimum starting base salary is $53,881.00. (This position opening is subject to state funding approval for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.) ACC offers a competitive benefit program including health, dental and life insurance.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
All applicants must submit their resume, a detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, and the names and contact information for three current professional references. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. Only complete applications will be forwarded to the Screening Committee. To submit your application, see the “Apply” option at the bottom of this page.