The HIM Business Analyst may not directly work with patients but at SCL Health, no matter what part you play or which role you fill, you are improving the lives of the people and communities we serve. Our values and culture tie us together, and we recognize that a caring smile or kind word contribute to our success as much as the job itself. If you have a passion for helping others, then we would love to have you join our team!
This position reports to the SCLHS System Manager Data Governance & Interoperability and is responsible for coordinating and facilitating health information exchange (HIE) efforts between SCLHS and other primary care/referring providers. Position ensures that appropriate technologies and workflows are implemented to promote exchange of health information for care coordination. Additionally, this position assists end-users in provider offices with defining exchange requirements, implementing solutions and system training. Positions assists in the overall planning and design of HIE strategies, collaborating with SCLHS leadership, vendors and other key stakeholders in the provider community.
Strong, positive leadership – with a ‘learn and serve’ approach providing support and guidance to SCLHS leadership and provider offices. Ability to effectively manage HIE integration via managing to system goals as well as budgetary parameters will be essential.
- Coordinates development, implementation, training, and support of HIE solutions for SCLHS and associated providers with minimal guidance
- Acts as key liaison between stakeholders in provider community and SCLHS and strives to improve provider community relationships
- Responsible for the evaluation, identification, documentation, and development business requirements and operational workflows related to HIM projects
- Works collaboratively with HIM operations, IST, and clinical staff to document workflows and business requirements.
- Evaluates application for appropriate technical changes and documents changes for EHR and HIM-IST Teams
- Promotes consistency and standardization of HIE policies and practices
- Supports end-users to achieve optimal workflows for sharing health information
- Guides physician practices with HIT adoption choices/decisions
- Monitors and ensures timely data transmission, validating interfaces are working optimally
- Collects end-user requirements and stakeholder input for improving HIE
- Assists remote provider staff with computer equipment issues, technical support and application questions/training
- Participates in HIE workshops, seminars and public presentations
- Serves as a resource for local and state HIE initiatives, facilitating alignment of HIE efforts
- Travels to provider offices and independently conducts research and analysis to formulate recommendations for HIE initiatives
- Collaborates with outside vendors to assist in the design and implementation of provider office EHR integration projects
- Demonstrates knowledge of electronic health information systems and other related ambulatory clinic information systems such as Epic
- Supports the mission and strategies of SCLHS Health Information Management Department
- Supports the HIM management team, its programs and processes through representation at meetings and participation on task forces
- Partners with physicians and clinical informatics to ensure that providers and other EHR users are well trained and that they have optimal access to patient information from the SCL electronic health record.
- Other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility:
Functions within a health system with net revenues of approximately $2.7 billion, FTEs over 15,000 and staff beds numbering over 2,500. The system consists of eleven acute care hospitals, four clinics and related entities covering four states. Position has responsibility for evaluating HIE integration opportunities and ensuring successful transmission of health information to SCLHS providers and affiliate providers.
- Internally, interacts with VP HIM Director, HIM Directors/Managers and staff, HIM IST,
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/computer related major or two year degree and/or equivalent experience in healthcare.
- A minimum of 5 years in Healthcare, including experience in managing health information and utilizing EHR’s.
- Hands on operational experience working with physicians, clinical staff within the hospital or physician offices.
- Skilled in information systems and EHR’s
- Experience working on teams and other healthcare collaborative projects
- Experience working with dissemination and transmission of healthcare information
Apply Online: http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-ypnYh-e-K