Arapahoe Community College
The Health Information Technology Faculty member will perform instructional duties and administrative activities. As a faculty member, this position will prepare course plans, select materials, deliver course content using traditional and contemporary methods of instruction, maintain required office and campus hours, develop and evaluate curriculum, perform advising and retention activities, and assess student learning outcomes.
This position will also serve as the Chair of the HIT Program and will ensure that the program maintains CAHIIM accreditation. Duties include assisting with program assessments, renewals, and reviews, assist with program practicum coordination, and build and maintain relationships with industry providers. This position will also serve on the HIT advisory board.
Faculty members generally teach 30 credit hours annually, 15 credit hours each fall and spring semester. Faculty have the option to teach additional courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Assigned courses can be online or in-person at our Littleton, Parker, or Castle Rock campuses. Salary to be commensurate with experience and education.
Applicants possessing a passion for teaching are encouraged to apply. Excellent administrative skills are required to guide the HIT Program in a dynamic industry.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in any field
- Current RHIA or RHIT credential in good standing.
- Have, or qualify for, postsecondary CTE credential including 4000 paid non-teaching occupational hours within the last 5 years.
- Postsecondary instructional experience (or training equivalent).
- Experience working within Community College environment.
- 5 years of work experience in a Health Information Management (HIM)
- Experience working with an Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and as a member of a collaborative
- Demonstrated ability to initiate work tasks and/or
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication
- Additional credentials (clinical coding, data analytics, etc.)
- Knowledge of education methods and administration.
- Demonstrated competency with multiple instructional delivery methods (online, hybrid, web-enhanced, and face to face).
- Demonstrated success building professional relationships and working collaboratively with internal and external constituents and outside agencies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Advertised Salary Range: The anticipated starting salary for this position is $56,997 to $65,000, based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August – May). The projected start date for this position is January 14, 2019, salary will be prorated based on the number of contract days worked. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position. Final salary is commensurate with education and experience. Questions about salary should be directed to ACCaskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application, click here.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact Angela Williams, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715 or email@example.com.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. We oppose discrimination and strive to foster an equitable and inclusive learning environment for our students that reflects the diverse nature of our world through professional development, responsive programming, reflection, and action.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.