Estes Park Medical Center
Under general supervision, reviews, analyzes and assures the final diagnoses and procedures as stated by the practicing providers are valid and complete. Accurately codes office and hospital procedures for providers to ensure proper reimbursement. Provides education to the providers to ensure proper completion of Electronic Health Records and proper assignment of ICD-10-CDM, HCPCS and CPT codes.
- Perform coding work requiring independent judgment with speed and accuracy
- Examining and verifying coding errors through audits
- Required in-services
- Communicating clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to use the computer
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned work in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate with staff and the public, both in person and over the telephone, in a tactful manner and under difficult situations
- Understanding and carrying out verbal and written directions
- Follow Estes Park Medical Center policies and procedures
- Works independently in the absence of supervision Personal Work Relationships:
- Maintain strict Estes Park Medical Center confidentiality
- Works daily with staff, vendors, and public for the purpose of giving and receiving factual information
- Must plan one’s own work such that it is accomplished in the allocated time
- Works in cooperation with other clinic staff and the public
- Federal laws and regulations affecting coding requirements
- Principles, practices and methods of current coding certificate required
- Modern office practices, etc.
- Knowledge of billing practices required
- Knowledge of medical records, EHR required
- Extensive knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA), Colorado State Law and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of diagnostic and procedural codes.
- Must have good math skills and effective communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills
Three years’ experience using ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCs or equivalency
High School Diploma
Medical Coding Certificate – RHIT or CPC- certification is required
Compensation/Benefits: Instructions for Resume Submission:
Send resume to email@example.com or visit our website at epmedcenter.com and apply.
Apply Online: http://epmedcenter.com