Lincoln Health is a 15-bed Critical Access Hospital co-located with 35-bed Long Term Care Unit. The facility employs 150-200 employees. The HIM Department has a staff of 3 employees (including the supervisor). The Supervisor is responsible for the day to day operation of the Health Information Management (HIM) Department.
The HIM Supervisor works with the Business Office Manager, the Revenue Cycle Director, the Chief Financial Officer, and other Hospital, Care Center, and Family Practice Clinic leadership to manage the medical record processes and procedures for the organization. The HIM Supervisor is responsible for evaluating and improving processes in the HIM department and for storage and retrieval of health information and data with ongoing mentoring and support from the HIM Consultant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads the HIM operations staff to ensure medical records are accurately and efficiently maintained through operating procedures and processes for:
- Medical record reconciliation with patient admission and discharge.
- Medical record analysis for deficiencies and completion of deficiencies.
- Coordinate with Hospital Administration and Medical Staff Leadership to support timely completion of records by providers.
- Scanning paper records into the electronic health record (EHR).
- Improve use of full use of the EHR systems at Lincoln Health including order entry and optimal use of templates minimizing the need for scanning of outside documents or dictation / transcription.
- As necessary facilitate timely dictation and transcription of medical record documentation.
- Release of Information.
- Medical record retention and destruction.
- Complies with regulatory standards for medical record management to include state and federal requirements.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality. Performs duties according to established Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and facility confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and the public, exhibiting a supportive demeanor.
- Assures orientation and training programs are present to ensure ongoing staff competence and evaluates staff performance according to facility guidelines.
- Take part in EHR system implementations and upgrades as needed.
- Attends meetings as needed.
College degree plus at least 3 years progressive previous HIM experience required.
BS in Health Information Management or related field preferred.
College degree plus at least 3 years progressive previous HIM experience required
Lincoln Health has a complete benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, and Retirement plan. More information available upon request.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email a copy of your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com