Physicians Reimbursement System
Full-time (40 hours/week) position for a coding specialist. Preferred onsite, but will consider some remote work hours. This position is eligible for our full benefits package including health insurance.
We are seeking a highly motivated Medical Coder with strong communication and organizational skills to assist with research for projects and education related to physician coding and reimbursement. Responsibilities will be spread across different functions but will focus on research and education. The Coder will be responsible for researching issues and responding to coding questions for multiple surgical specialties including, but not limited to urology, general surgery, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following functions:
- Research and respond to questions via phone or e-mail from physicians, their staff or other entities regarding CPT and ICD-10-CM coding, billing, documentation requirements, polices and coverage among others related to physician services provided in the office, outpatient and inpatient settings.
- Research identified issues to provide support for the development of educational materials such as articles, hand-outs, PowerPoint presentations and organizational updates.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the services and procedures, diagnoses and E&M service levels billed based on the supporting documentation and in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Track and organize questions, responses and research projects in a database.
- Generates reports as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
CPC, CCS-P, ICD10-CM or RHIT certification highly preferred. Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, working knowledge of anatomy, curiosity and a willingness to learn. Experience in CPT and ICD-10-CM coding and an understanding of payer reimbursement, coding, and documentation requirements are required. Knowledge of Medicare regulations and Evaluation and Management coding. Proficiency in the use of various computer systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other database software skills. Must have superior verbal and written communication skills and possess the ability to successfully present information to different audiences. The ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work is essential.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please submit resume via fax to 303-534-0577 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.