Family Health West
Family Health West and Colorado Canyon Hospital are at the base of the Colorado National Monument in Fruita, Colorado, a beautiful community-based town with western hospitality. Western Colorado boasts a variety of cultural recreational advantages that can be enjoyed by a family or an outgoing individual! Skiing, snowmobiling, mountain biking, hiking, water sports, four (4) golf courses, music, museums…just to name a few.
Under general supervision, reviews outpatient occupational/speech and physical therapy documents to abstract demographic data and assign ICD-10-CM / CPT procedure codes for statistical classification and reimbursement purposes. Performs various coding assignments under the direction of the coding manager. Provides feedback regarding documentation issues or recurring coding issues. Utilizes software applications and electronic coding references to perform coding related tasks. Coding work from other area such as observation and day surgery accounts may be assigned depending on the coding workflow and training needs.
Job Essential Function
- Code therapies and ancillary departments
- Receive and review therapy charts for accuracy and completeness
- Assign accurate procedure and diagnostic codes to patient encounter(s)
- Follow up with provider(s) on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear
- Perform compliance and statistical analysis
Experience and Skills:
Education (required for job function), License, Certification and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or possession of a GED certificate.
- Licenses: No professional License required
- Experience: Prior medical work-related coding experience, or basic coding credential is preferred. Cerner & WebPT experience a plus.
- Certifications: Current Coder Certification from AAPC/AHIMA or must obtain coder certification within one (1) year of hire.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online at FHW.org – Contact us – Employment Opportunities – Coder