Heart of The Rockies Regional Medical Center
Located in Salida, CO
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center
Work where others come to vacation. The Upper Arkansas Valley is an outdoor recreational dream. Since six of every seven acres is designated public lands, the Valley is the perfect location for hiking, biking, horseback riding, trail running, rock climbing, boating, fishing and hunting. In the winter there are designated snowmobile routes and backcountry skiing. Monarch Ski & Snowboard Area is just 18 miles west of Salida. The Arkansas River is known for its world-class trout fishery, kayaking, and whitewater rafting.
Medical Records Specialist
- Responsible for all administrative and record-keeping functions of the Medical Records Department in the hospital and clinics
- Maintaining the integrity of the paper and electronic health records through prepping, scanning, indexing/filing and retrieving patient medical records.
- Responsible for reviewing and responding to requests for confidential health information from authorized requestors, according to established policies and procedures, Colorado Law and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) regulatory guidelines.
- Serves as the first impression of the department and provides customer service support in the reception area of the department.
- This is a full-time 40 hours/week position.
- Salary Range is from $14.82 to $17.90 depending on years of experience.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of three years of responsible business experience, preferably in a medical records department, patient financial services department, provider practice, or another healthcare setting
- Customer service experience
- Associate degree
- Completed course in medical terminology
- Experience with electronic health records
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Walk/Bike to Work Incentives
- Annual salary increases
- $1/hr Certification Bonus
- Paid time off accrual accounts
- 24/7 access to Wellness U Staff Gym
- Life and disability benefits
- Employer-matching retirement plan options (immediately available)
- Employee assistance program
- Rewards and Recognitions
- On-site training workshops
- Annual gain sharing
- Cafeteria meal discount
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Join our team of dedicated healthcare professionals. Submit an online application with your current resume.
Apply Online: https://www.hrrmc.com/careers/