Children’s Hospital Colorado
Why Work at Children’s…
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists, and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit, and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated four times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 11 specialty care centers, 1,300+ outreach clinics and more than 10,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
Here, we know it takes all of us, every role, to deliver the best possible care to each child and family we treat.
That’s why we build our teams toward a foundation of equity in access, advancement, and opportunity. We know teams of individuals with different identities and backgrounds can nurture creativity and innovation. We know we can see, treat, and heal children better when our team reflects the diversity of our patient population. We strive to attract and retain diverse talent because we know a truly inclusive and equitable workforce will help us one day realize our most basic calling: to heal every child who comes through our doors.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different.
Responsible for creating and keying new patient referrals and uploading medical records into Epic within designated timeframes.
Contacts: Primarily within immediate work area; involves obtaining or providing information with little explanation or interpretation.
Financial Accountability: Responsible for personal use of resources, supplies and materials, tracking personal spending and submitting accurate expense reports.
Impact of Decisions: Short-term decisions, impact usually limited to task-related activities and immediate colleagues.
Judgment: Works with others within defined workflows and practice guidelines. Depends primarily on others for instruction, guidance, and direction with ongoing verification.
General Work Experience: 1 year experience working in a medical facility, preferably in a Revenue Cycle Department. Strong interpersonal skills needed to successfully interact with physicians and other internal and external customers. Detail oriented. Intermediate computer skills: Skilled in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Outlook and Excel.
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Hearing: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Lift: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Pull: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Push: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Reach: Up to 1/3 of time
- Job Description Page 1 of 2
- Motion: Squat/Crouch: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands – Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 10 pounds: 1/3 or more of time
- Work Environment
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Independent discretion/decision making.
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately.
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively
- Prefer Electronic Health Record Experience.
- Preferred Education – Associates
- Preferred Education Field of Study – Revenue Cycle
- License/Certification – Medical Terminology Preferred
Required Education – High School Diploma or Equivalent
Instructions for Resume Submission:
- Select the link to access our careers site.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
Apply Online: https://hrexpress4.childrenscolorado.org/psp/selfservice/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=73213&PostingSeq=1