National Jewish Health
This position reports to the Health Information Management Supervisor and is responsible for processing all Release of Information (ROI) requests in compliance with organization policies, HIPAA and State regulations while maintaining the confidentiality of our patients protected health information. In addition to these responsibilities, the ROI Specialist responds to any inquiries coming from phone calls, mail, email, fax, EMR task or in person. Ensures that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s health information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request
- Safeguards and protects the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations.
- Manages requests utilizing a wide variety of software and applications for medical record information from patients, third party payers and others.
- Prioritizes release of information requests, retrieves medical records from active, inactive and interdepartmental locations. Electronically tracks and delivers records in accordance with established procedures. Process requests in a timely and efficient manner within established timeline standards, maintaining quality and accuracy. Work is extremely detailed and requires a high rate of accuracy in order to meet legal requirements.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of all applicable state and federal laws, HIPAA privacy and security regulations, as well as enterprise policies and procedures pertaining to the release of protected health information. Ensure all disclosures are documented and in compliance. Interpret and adhere to legal requirements and established procedures that govern release of information.
- Acts as a liaison between the institution’s physicians and outside attorneys when needed. Communicates with National Jewish Health administration when increased support is needed via National Jewish Health attorneys
- Performs self-quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality and proper billing/charging.
- Utilizes a wide variety of software and applications in order to fulfill requests.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a healthcare setting required.
Prior experience in HIM Department related to record maintenance completion or release of information preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred. AHIMA-credentialed applicants (RHIA or RHIT credential) preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
At National Jewish Health, we recognize that our outstanding faculty and staff are the essence of our organization. For every aspect of health care, our employees are our greatest asset. With that in mind, we have designed a valuable, comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical coverage HMO plans, POS plan, High Deductible Health Plan, or PPO Plan for regional offices.
- Dental coverage which includes DMO and PPO Plans
- Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account
- Aflac Accident, Critical Illness Coverage and Hospital Indemnity
- Group Life Insurance and AD&D is provided at no cost for eligible employees, up to one times your annual salary, not to exceed $500,000.
- Voluntary Life Insurance is available to purchase for eligible employees, their spouse and dependent children.
- Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance is available to purchase for eligible employees and their families.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- National Jewish Health 403(b) Plan with employer contributions beginning after 2 years of service and employee contributions beginning immediately.
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, sick and 6 paid holidays.
Apply Online: https://pm.healthcaresource.com/CS/national/#/job/3929