Leadership and Meetings
The Data Quality Committee (DQC) is responsible for providing coding education and resources to CHIMA members.
Meetings: The DQC meetings are open to anyone with an interest in coding and data integrity.
Standing agenda items for these meetings include updates from the CHIMA board, announcements and planning for upcoming educational offerings, and Coding Corner, which is an opportunity to discuss coding issues in a live forum.
- Date: Third Wednesdays of odd months
- Time: Immediately following the CHA/HIM Data Committee meeting at 12:00 noon MT
- More information: To participate in these meetings, contact Krista Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be added to the meeting distribution list.
Coder Reference Sheets
The DQC developed and maintains the following reference sheets, specific to Colorado health care organizations.
- Updated Discharge Status Toolkit – the CHIMA Discharge Status Toolkit has been updated effective 10/1/18 to reflect the addition of Discharge to Hospice (50 and 51) to the Post Acute Care Transfer policy.
- The Point of Origin Reference Tool (rev. 2018) is a job aid to assist coders with correct assignment of the point of origin code on the UB-04.
Coding Round Tables
The DQC offers Coding Coffee Chats throughout the state. These coffee chats are free and offer coders an opportunity for face-to-face coder networking and education. The coffee chats are managed by Meetup.com; to be notified of new events and check the event calendar, join the CHIMA Coding Coffee Chat meetup site.
Coding Lunch and Learn Webinars
The DQC is pleased to offer quarterly webinars on hot topics in coding. These webinars are available in a live or on demand recorded format. To view upcoming webinars, refer to the CHIMA Calendar. To view the library of past webinars as well as other educational opportunities, visit the Continuing Education page.
- AHIMA Member: $20
- Non-Member: $30
CHA/HIM Data Committee
The DQC works closely with the CHA/HIM Data Committee on issues related to the Colorado Hospital Association’s (CHA) Discharge Data Program. The purposes of this group are to:
- Study and understand the CHA Discharge Data Program, including evaluating data outcomes and understanding who are the users of the data;
- Improve data quality in the CHA Discharge Data Program by sharing information and promoting consistency and accuracy in coding and data submission across the state;
- Acts as a forum for all HIM related topics such as HIPAA, HIM operations, regulatory changes that may affect HIM, Medicaid updates, and Coding, and;
- Provide a setting for continuing person-to-person networking among HIM professionals, CHA personnel and related interested parties to build effective ongoing working relationships.
Links to External References
- 2020 ICD-10-CM Code Sets and Guidelines (diagnosis codes)
- 2020 ICD-10-PCS Code Sets and Guidelines (procedure codes)
- 2019 ICD-10-CM Code Sets and Guidelines (diagnosis codes)
- 2019 ICD-10-PCS Code Sets and Guidelines (procedure codes)
- CPT® Errata & Technical Corrections
- HCPCS Release and Code Sets
- National Correct Coding Initiative Edits