CHIMA supports the professional development of its members whether in an emerging role or advancement in their career. Because of this, CHIMA is awarding one scholarship to attend AHIMA19: Health Data and Information Conference, being held September 14-18, 2019 in Chicago, IL. This scholarship is provided utilizing money through CHIMA designated funds. The designated funds for 2019 are $1,500.00.
- Applicant must be a current Active member in good standing of CHIMA/AHIMA.
- Students must be CHIMA members enrolled in a CAHIIM accredited school.
- Current CHIMA Board of Directors are not eligible.
All Applications Must Include:
- Completed Application form; including checklist and acknowledgement
- Completed mandatory essay questions
- AHIMA Membership ID #
- Application deadline is March 29, 2019.
- Application submitted electronically in its entirety.
- Recipient is required to write an article with content about what they learned and
their AHIMA19 experience. (Article to be posted in the CHIMA E-blast after attending the meeting.).
- Recipient is required to participate in a CHIMA committee for a period of one year following AHIMA19 attendance.
- An individual may not receive this scholarship more than once.
- Recipient must follow CHIMA expense/reimbursement policies related to travel expenses
- Recipient must submit receipts showing that the monies were exclusively used for expenses incurred at the AHIMA conference.
- Any un-used funds will be returned to CHIMA.
- Each eligible application will be reviewed and rated by the CHIMA Board of Directors. (Applications will be redacted prior to the CHIMA Board review to maintain anonymity.)
- The CHIMA BOD will utilize a point system to determine the scholarship recipient. (Applications will be evaluated based on content relative to essay question, quality of writing, and professional presentation)
- All applicants will be notified of their status no later than May 1, 2019.
Award will be presented at the CHIMA Annual meeting.