Greetings CHIMA Members,
The CHIMA Leadership is proposing a bylaws change which will change the responsibilities of the Director position on the CHIMA Board. The change involves the Delegate and Director positions for CHIMA and includes:
- Eliminating the current Delegate positions (2 people)
- Combining the Delegate responsibilities into the current Director positions (3 people)
This will provide a more robust experience for those serving as CHIMA Director, creating a link between the work of the CHIMA board and AHIMA House of Delegate. This also addresses the current struggle in filling the CHIMA ballot each year.
With this change, the five CHIMA delegates will include the following members:
- President, Past-President and President-elect (currently Delegates)
- 3rd year Director (Chief Delegate)
- 2nd year Director (Delegate)
- 1st year Director (Alternate Delegate)
2019 will be a transition year with the current Delegate serving as Chief Delegate and the 2nd year Director serving as a Delegate. 2020 will fully transition to the Director/Delegate role.
To view the specific proposed bylaw changes, click on the following documents.
Members will have 30 days to review the proposed changes. Voting on the proposed changes will then begin on December 21st and end on January 7th.
Should you have questions, please contact CHIMA Past President, Kathy DeVault at email@example.com.