Children’s Hospital Colorado
Why Work at Children’s…
Here, it’s different. Come join us.
Children’s Hospital Colorado has defined and delivered pediatric healthcare excellence for more than 100 years.
Here, the nation’s brightest nurses, physicians, scientists, researchers, therapists, and care providers are creating the future of child health. With an optimist’s outlook, a trailblazing spirit, and a celebrated history, we’re making new strides every day.
We’ve been Magnet-designated four times by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and are consistently recognized among the nation’s top 10 pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report.
As a national leader in pediatric care, we serve children and families from all over the nation. Our System of Care includes four pediatric hospitals, 11 specialty care centers, 1,300+ outreach clinics and more than 10,000 healthcare professionals representing the full spectrum of pediatric care specialties.
Here, we know it takes all of us, every role, to deliver the best possible care to each child and family we treat.
That’s why we build our teams toward a foundation of equity in access, advancement, and opportunity. We know teams of individuals with different identities and backgrounds can nurture creativity and innovation. We know we can see, treat, and heal children better when our team reflects the diversity of our patient population. We strive to attract and retain diverse talent because we know a truly inclusive and equitable workforce will help us one day realize our most basic calling: to heal every child who comes through our doors.
A career at Children’s Colorado will challenge you, inspire you, and motivate you to make a difference in the life of a child. Here, it’s different.
The Scanning Technician prepares medical record documents for scanning into the imaging system. Assists in identifying and routing medical record forms pre and post-scanning. Ensures appropriate document types and patient identifiers are used.
No direct patient care.
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.
- Effectively and efficiently support clinical users utilizing HIM technology while following clinical and departmental procedures.
- Effectively and efficiently utilizes hospital-based technology and software that supports Scanning.
- Effectively utilizes best-practice methods and procedures that will ensure scanned images are indexed and scanned with a 98% quality rate.
- Key contributor to the clinical and financial objectives of CHCO by prioritizing workflow appropriately and allocating resources to known bottlenecks that will optimize total operational throughput.
SCOPE AND LEVEL
- Guidelines: Guidelines are generally numerous, well established, and directly applicable to the work assignment. Work assignment and desired results are explained by general oral or written instructions.
- Complexity: Duties assigned are generally repetitive and restricted in scope but may be of substantial intricacy. Employee primarily applies standardized practices.
- Decision Making: Decisions or recommendations on non-standardized situations are limited to relating organizational policies to specific cases. Brings non-routine issues to supervisor. Problems that are not covered by guidelines or are without precedent are taken up with the supervisor.
- Communications: Contacts with the public or employees where explanatory or interpretive information is exchanged, gathered, or presented and some degree of discretion and judgment are required within the parameters of the job function.
- Supervision Received: Under normal supervision, within a standardized work situation, the employee performs duties common to the line of work without close supervision or detailed instruction. Work product is subject to continual review.
EXPERIENCE – Two (2) years of experience working in a medical facility, preferably in a Health Information Management Department.
Ability to Perform Essential Functions of the Job
- Audio-Visual: Color Discrimination: Good
- Audio-Visual: Depth Perception: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Far Vision: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Hearing: Fair
- Audio-Visual: Near Vision: Good
- Motion: Bend: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Lift: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Pull: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Push: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Reach: Up to 1/3 of time
- Motion: Squat/Crouch: Up to 1/3 of time
- Use of Hands/Feet: Both Hands – Precise Motor Function (Or Fine Manipulation)
- Weight Lifted/Force Exerted: Up to 25 pounds: 1/3 or more of time
- Work Environment
Exposure: Exposure to skin irritations: Infrequently.
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Independent discretion/decision making.
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Manages stress appropriately.
Mental and Emotional Requirements: Works with others effectively.
EDUCATION – High School Diploma or Equivalent
Instructions for Resume Submission:
- Select the link to access our careers site.
- Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
Apply Online: https://hrexpress4.childrenscolorado.org/psp/selfservice/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&SiteId=1&FOCUS=Applicant&JobOpeningId=74063&PostingSeq=1