Haugen Consulting Group
Join the Haugen crew! We’ve got an awesome gig for a Senior Facility Coding Auditor in a full-time remote setup. In this role, you’ll be a key player in making sure coding practices for outpatient and inpatient records in various healthcare organizations are spot-on. Your job? Dig into coding audits, making sure things are accurate, following federal rules, and sticking to coding guidelines. And hey, you’ll also be the go-to for creating and sharing educational content for our clients, team, and Haugen Academy. Ready to dive in and shake up the healthcare coding scene with us? Let’s do it!
Learn about Haugen Consulting Group: thehaugengroup.com.
- Perform coder audits on a regular basis as defined by compliance requirements and client expectations, determine when additional education is necessary and assist the education team in meeting those needs.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the ICD-10-CM diagnoses and CPT codes assigned based on the supporting documentation and in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Consult and educate client coding staff on coding practices and conventions in order to provide detailed coding information.
- Identify client coding needs and assist in developing solutions proactively by sharing best practices and knowledge.
- Participate in the development of coding policies and procedures as requested by clients.
- Design and coordinate training programs based on organizational and employee needs, with the assistance of the education team.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on interpretation and application of coding rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling training materials for specific topics (articles, blogs, resources for clients to include desk aids, newsletters, tip sheets, etc.).
- Contribute to new training program design and existing program enhancements.
- Assist with the writing of new coding content for online, webinar and instructor-led training (ILT) delivery.
- Assist with the development and update of online courses, supplemental tools, and documentation.
- Be an engaging and dynamic facilitator.
- Facilitate virtual events, calls, and in-person training to meet client needs and requests.
- Plan and complete assigned work within the engagement with high quality, on time and on budget.
- Prepare and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Serve as a professional representative of Haugen Consulting Group in all public and client settings.
- Document discoveries and outcomes of work performed and prepare recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes utilizing HCG documents.
- Participate in team coding discussions to support the needs of the client
- Maintain a current working knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding through regular review of industry publications (e.g., Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, CMS transmittals).
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with facility outpatient and inpatient coding
- Experience with conducting facility coding audits for a variety of specialties and patient types
- Strong knowledge of coding and billing procedures, as well as medical terminology and anatomy
- Expertise in ICD-10, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems
- Excellent understanding of CMS guidelines and regulatory compliance and the ability to articulate coding rationale and best practice
- Flexibility and willingness to multi-task and learn new skills
- Ability to provide training and constructive feedback to coding staff and management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- A certification in AHIMA (CCS, RHIA, or RHIT), AAPC (CPC, CRC)
- Experience in professional presentation delivery with educational content
- Paid Time Off
- Short-term Disability
- Yearly Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- and more!
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply for this job, email your resume and details to email@example.com.