Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to Centura Health – the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options and possibility where you can chart the direction and flow of your career. Welcome to the freedom to believe in what you believe, and welcome to a family guided by shared values and a commitment to extending the healing ministry of Christ. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams and overflowing community. And welcome to wholeness of mind, body and spirit. Welcome to Centura Health.
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills – but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more. This is the heartbeat of our organization and your time will be spent in a supportive, team environment with resources to help you flourish and leaders who care about your success.
Under direct supervision, HIM supervisor position has direct responsibility over the daily HIM operations to include personnel management, training and education, quality, productivity, system implementations, report management (i.e. rejected orders, statistics), development of HIM guidelines and policies and procedures, and assists HIM and hospital staff with HIM related follow-up, issues and questions and assists HIM Director/Manager with forms management, HIPAA requests, regulatory readiness and other compliance activities.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- 2 years of Health Information Management experience in acute care setting
- 1 year of leadership/management experience
- Experience with the electronic health record (EHR) and health information systems and health care applications required.
- Experience with regulations and accreditation standards, knowledge of specific state and federal regulations and standards related to the management of health information.
- Knowledge in health care compliance, particularly HIPAA privacy and confidentiality laws, access and release of information.
- Demonstrate advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and troubleshooting computer problems.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience with process improvement training preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
Physical Requirements – Sedentary Work – prolonged periods of sitting and exert/lift up to 10 lbs. force occasionally
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- AHIMA credential preferred; RHIA or RHIT
To help you thrive, we take pride in providing exceptional benefits to support a healthy work, home, and life balance. Be sure to consider our generous company benefits package as part of the total compensation for this role. You can find a list of our benefits HERE.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online and submit your application here: https://external-centura.icims.com/jobs/28328/supervisor-him/job.